Sunday, November 06, 2005

It doesn't matter...

Really it doesn't.

Spell it any way you want: Bombay, Mumbai, Bambai, thisbloodycity.

The old city; up to Sion and Mahim; the Greater Mumbai borders, the neighbouring municipalities that are for all practical purposes the same metropolis, like Bhayender, Kalyan, Thane, New Bombay... It's all one in the end.

It doesn't even matter whether you actually live in it still. As long as you once did. And may do in the future. As long as you love it. Or hate it. Or feel strongly about it.

Want in? Leave a comment. Or get in touch.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scribbler said...

I want in... i want in... can i pan the administration? Can I give tips and ways to enjoy mumbai? Please let me in please let me in...
heh.

16/11/05 21:13  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

I don't live in Mumbai. But yes i have made trips (on work, I'm afraid) to Mumbai. Whatever I have seen (not muchm again) I have enjoyed completely! Especially the street food.

22/11/05 03:17  
Blogger Fiza Ishaq said...

I was born there. Now I limit my trips to one a year. In my opinion, its beautiful. It has something for everyone. Be it the Irani/Parsi cafe's, book stalls on the roadside at fountain, Jehangir art gallery, Haji Ali,Chor bazaar... Just walking through streets crowded with cafe's, vendors, people. One has to be passionate indeed, to live there and to just love being there.

9/3/06 11:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home